Life is too short.
Break the rules. Forgive quickly. Kiss slowly. Love truly. Laugh uncontrollably. And Never Regret anything that made you Smile.
Gosh what to write?
I am a reporter, earth defender, writer, runner, herbivore, photographer, daydreamer and blogger based in Red Deer, Alberta.
My blog touches on running, plant-based eating and living a healthy mind & body lifestyle. I ran my first marathon, the New York Marathon in 2011 and my first 50K in 2014. I am hooked on trail races and mountain running.
Let me introduce myself:
- I have about 15 years of working at newspapers/magazines under my belt. That basically means I can be cynical but mostly I believe there’s good in everyone.
- I love to learn and I fully believe we should never stop learning. Teach me.
- I drive a blueberry Versa.
- I hate small talk mainly because I am socially awkward.
- I am an Apple girl.
- I give free hugs.
- I will take the long way home. (Mostly because I get lost easily without my GPS.)
- I love social media. You know if I haven’t posted something, somewhere within an hour, I have probably gone missing.
- I love green smoothies.
- I am a big deal on Twitter.
- I have a second degree blackbelt in taekwondo. Yes, I can kick your butt.
- I suck at crossfit but I still I put myself through the torture at least three times a week.
- I read on average 40 books a year (when it’s a good year).
- I have lived in Nova Scotia, Ontario, South Korea and now Alberta.
- Onions make me seriously ill.
- I love to share my food whether it is my raw crackers, my sprouts or my cashew cheese. I will gladly fill up a mason jar for you.
- I taught English in South Korea for nearly three years. In order to fully emerge in the culture, I put aside my beliefs and I ate meat.
- I colour outside the lines.
- I want to make a difference. I want to know my life matters.
- I talk a big game but mostly I am a wimp.
- I believe in love. I believe in friendship. I believe in kindness. I believe in the stars.
- I love trees. I love the oceans. I love the outdoors.
- I want to eat a raw diet one day.
- I grow my own and make my own food. I will survive if there is a zombie apocalypse.
- I am completely hooked on kombucha.
- I drink my coffee black.